Saturday 11 March 2017

COMMISSIONS UNIT: (Pre Production) Coming Up With ideas

After the ideas lab with Zoe, I decided to do a couple of mind maps in order to come up with an idea.



I firstly decided to look at subjects that revolved around my personal interests and hobbies. I then looked whether any of these ideas would fit the brief and how they could be developed into a documentary.

I eventually came up with an idea that I quite liked and that had the potential to become a documentary. My mum had mentioned to me about how her friend and her daughter both go out partying / clubbing together - I instantly thought this may be a potential documentary subject due to the unique nature of this activity. A documentary about clubbing would definitely fulfil the 'BBC Three' and 'Teen Sprit' criteria - and the angle of a mother and daughter going out together would make the documentary unique and interesting. This is the idea that I will present in our ideas support meeting on Monday. Before developing this idea further, I will see what other ideas my group has come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment