Friday 11 November 2016

STORY-TELLING UNIT: Preparation for the shoot (Shot List and Filming Schedule)

Shot List:

Before filming my 2 minute trailer, I prepared a shot list so that filming would be as efficient as possible. The shot list detailed all the shots I wanted to get for my trailer, I wanted to make sure I had enough coverage, even if a fair bit of the footage didn't end up getting used. Once the shots were filmed I was able to tick them off one by one until all the footage I needed was captured.

Here is my shot list for my shoot:


On set I had this shot list to hand as well as a copy of the script. As my shot list was so detailed, this was used a lot more than the script as it saved time (instead of having to flick through the script to find directions for the characters.) The script was used for the sections of dialogue, but apart from that the shot list was the main tool for both myself and the actors.

Filming Schedule:

As well as having a shot list, I decided to create a filming schedule. This was to ensure we were spending the appropriate amount of time on each section of the shoot. 

Here is my schedule for the shoot:

Although the schedule was only very vague, when paired with the shot list it helped to make the filming process very efficient as the actors knew exactly when they were needed and what they had to do, and I knew exactly who I was filming, what they were doing and what time they were doing it.

I gave both of my actors a copy of the script, shot list and filming schedule so they knew exactly what to expect on the day of filming. 


No comments:

Post a Comment