Sunday 25 September 2016

STORY-TELLING UNIT: Project Research

For my idea I got inspiration from this news article:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/jan/30/man-reunited-stranger-suicide-attempt-london-bridge

I obviously didn't want to just steal their story, so I decided to take inspiration from it and create my own original story.

I thought the idea of two characters meeting because of a suicide attempt was quite an original idea so I used this as the main narrative of my short film.

I then added ideas such as the other person not actually being real but just a hallucination of the character suffering with schizophrenia.

I actually wasn't going to take the idea of one of the characters having schizophrenia from the article but this seemed to be the only realistic way of my character suffering with hallucinations. I did consider maybe having one of the characters being a drug user but I quickly debunked this idea as this could create quite a messy storyline.

No comments:

Post a Comment