Monday 23 January 2017

DIRECTIONS UNIT: Directing Workshop with Steve Finn 2

Steve provided us with a variety of different scripts. The script I was given was called 'Two Women Scene'. I got to work immediately with blocking the scene in order to work out where I would want to position the camera in order to get the most effective master shot.

I also highlighted all the movement within the scene to block where the characters would be moving in order to find the perfect master shot and work out what additional coverage was needed.



I decided the best position to place the camera in would be next to the fridge. This way we can see Elizabeth's approach and her interaction with Kristin. This then gives Kristin the opportunity to walk over to the fridge whilst still being in shot. This shot also allows the full table to be seen so Kristin can be seen laying the table for dinner and Elizabeth can be seen looking for the salt. I also got coverage of over the shoulder shots of each character which could be combined with the master shot in order to create an interesting and exciting scene.



This photo shows me standing in the position I wanted the camera. The table in the middle is acting as the dinner table and the table next to me is acting as the fridge. As important as it is to block the scene in terms of camera angles, it is equally (if not more) important to block the actors and rehearse with them so they know what they're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment