Monday 30 January 2017

DIRECTIONS UNIT: (Project Prep) Breaking Down My Script

Once I'd transcribed my script from the two scenes of Love Actually I had chosen, I decided to break down the elements of my script and block out the actions of my characters. 



Since I wanted to shoot the scenes in a different way to the original screenplay, I decided to highlight and annotate the aspects that I planned to change.

e.g. where Juliet asks if she can come in, I have changed this to "Can I sit down?" as she has already entered Mark's apartment.

I have then annotated what I would change about the stage directions and which movements of the characters I wanted to change.

Once I broke down the script, I created a table of new stage directions (with the dialogue included in the tables as well). This just helped to block out where I wanted the new stage directions and which pieces of dialogue accompanied them.


Once I had planned out the new screenplay I decided to re write the proper screenplay so that the actors would have the correct dialogue and stage directions.



Now that I have my screenplay, I will send these on to the actors. I will then storyboard the shots so that I know exactly which footage I want to capture on the day. Once my storyboard is complete I will test my ideas to make sure they work.

No comments:

Post a Comment