Saturday 11 February 2017

DIRECTIONS UNIT: Directorial Developments

!st directorial development / change

After storyboarding my shoot, I decided to change one of my directorial decisions. I decided against using mainly wide shots as I wanted to use wide shots after the wedding video order to heighten the awkward, uncomfortable tension. Therefore the shots before the wedding video would need to be closer up / shot-reverse-shots in order to contrast to these wider shots.

2nd directorial development / change

 I also decided to change my ideas for the sound design. Originally I wanted the wedding video to be mainly ambient / background sounds rather than using a soundtrack. However I decided against this and opted to use background music. This was just to enhance the romantic atmosphere and emphasise the love within the footage.

3rd directorial development / change

I decided to make the red colour within my scene even more subtle to prevent the connotations becoming mixed. If there was too much red within the scene, feelings of danger or feelings of stronger love than I wanted. Therefore I decided to make this colour very subtle and just use splashes of it within my product.

No comments:

Post a Comment