Friday 3 February 2017

DIRECTIONS UNIT: DSLR Workshop 2

We had another session using the DSLR cameras so that we could become completely confident using them and how to set the camera to the correct settings. This time we managed to get our hands on more of the equipment to have a go with.

We managed to have a go with the steadicam. Personally I found this very difficult to use so all the footage I managed to capture with it was very wobbly and juddery (which is the opposite effect that the steadicam is supposed to provide). However, it was still a good experience to have a go with it, I just think it will take more practice before I opt to use it for one of my future shoots.


We also managed to have a go with the fig rig, this was a lot more complicated to set up than the steadicam, however, using it was a lot more simple and straight forward. There were some jolts and judders in the footage, but, this was still a lot better than the steadicam footage and could most likely be stabilised. 

 
We also had the opportunity to have a go with the track and dolly. I really liked using the track and dolly, I found it very easy and simple to use and I really liked the effect it created. I was considering taking it out for my shoot, however, the space limitations in my location meant that I wouldn't have had space to set it up. However, in future I will definitely consider taking it out to use for a shoot as it is really good for capturing motion in a steady and smooth manner.






No comments:

Post a Comment