Monday 27 February 2017

DIRECTIONS UNIT: Second Cut / Fine Cut and More Feedback

After getting feedback on my rough cut, I decided to get straight on and implement their advice. 

I added titles to the start of the piece, however, I still need to add the title sequence on to the front.

I also changed it so that during their initial conversation, the camera stays on quite close angles, rather than switching between wide and close shots.

I also added in the sequences which I hadn't filmed yet.

I decided to change the frame around the wedding video to make it even more evident that it was a recorded video. I also shortened the wedding video to make the characters' reactions to it more immediate. 

I flipped the door scene so that their eyelines now match, this makes the scene more comfortable to watch.

This then formed my fine cut:


I then received some more feedback about my fine cut:

It may be a good idea to put in some background music before the wedding video begins as at the moment it is quite flat until this moment.

I need to cut the wedding video down slightly more to leave less space between their reactions.
I also need to include a close up of Mark when I show a close up of Juliet looking upwards towards him. The black screen at the end of the video also lasts slightly too long, this makes her reaction of "you never talk to me..." quite delayed. I will reduce the time of this black screen.

In the scene at Juliet's doorway, I will get rid of the background noise and instead replace it with some other outdoor / ambient noises.

I also need to do some colour correction and work with the exposure of some of the scenes. Once I have sorted these things out and the issues with the sound, I will finally have my final cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment