Tuesday 14 November 2017

FICTION ADAPTATION: Project Proposal

Whilst I don't have a sold idea with a clear narrative yet, I have had some ideas about how I would like my project to look and some certain techniques I would like to include. 

My interpretation of the sonnet:

The reader of the poem has passed away yet they are still present in all the things / activities they used to enjoy. Therefore I want to bring this across in my piece by showing my ‘reader’ / model present in these situations then absent from these situations. However, I want to keep the mood and movement the same between these present and absent shots to show that the person is still present in these situations. 

I want to start with slow, desaturated shots and then build up to more saturated, faster shots showing the character present in these situations. 

Vision Statement 

  • Contrast between happy and sad - colour and desaturated colour - movement and stillness
  • Start on medium shot of model sitting on stool in large open space - then start tracking out (colour quite desaturated, music building)
  • Cut match on action shot to single object taking up the same amount of frame as the model was (i.e. a flower alone in a field - keep tracking out, slow pace)
  • Another match on action cut to a different single object in open space - keep tracking out
  • Cut to following model through alley - colour more saturated
  • Transition by layering same shot in different opacity but without the model 
  • Keep moving through alley without model
  • Cut to model in another situation
  • Transition again my layering same shot in different opacity without model
  • Do similar thing in a couple of different scenarios??
  • Closing shot parallel to beginning shot but colour saturated this time

Cast

Young girl who has passed away - we are following her
Ellie - used her in my directions unit so I know she works well in front of the camera

No comments:

Post a Comment